9 Secrets Recruiters Don’t Want You To Know
I bet you’ve worked with a recruiter in the past to help get a job, or you’ve been contacted by one. Perhaps a friend got a job through a recruiter.
We’re talking about agency recruiters. I highly recommend them. I used to be a recruiter for 20 years. But working with a recruiter to help find a job can be tricky and not for everyone.
Here are 9 secrets about recruiters they probably don’t want you to know:
- Recruiters’ work for the company not you. So they don’t always have your best interests in mind.
- Companies pay recruiters about 20% of your base salary so employers will expect you to be a perfect fit for their job or they will pass on you.
- If you feel like they are trying to steer you into a particular job at a particular company they are. Recruiters only work with a few companies at a time and only get paid commission if they place you in that job.
- If a recruiter doesn’t call you with feedback after presenting you to a company, they likely don’t have any, or you are out of contention, and they just don’t want to tell you.
- If a recruiter gets you a job, you need to stay at that company for 90 days or they don’t get paid.
- A recruiter will only work with you if they feel they can place you in their client’s job, otherwise they might not be interested in talking to you.
- They don’t want you to call them. If they think they can place you in a job, they will call you.
- Some recruiters use your resume to get new business while claiming to have a job that may not exist.
- Recruiters are only as good as their last placement so they are always under pressure to get someone hired.
Recruiters provide a lot of value and have a permanent place in talent acquisition. Especially with the difficult-to-find positions they are almost a required resource for companies.
But they’re not for everyone.
- Learn about the company culture with each job description.
- Your resume goes straight into the hands of a human at the company. No robots scoring your resume.
- No sign ups, no questionnaires, no recruiters. We make it easy.
- Apply with just a click and you don’t get transferred to another career page.
Your dream job could be one click away.